In manufacturing management, the term ‘Dispatching’ is used to describe
In manufacturing management, the term 'Dispatching' is used to describe
Right Answer is:
Dispatch of work orders through shop floor
- In manufacturing management, the term ‘Dispatching’ is used to describe the Dispatch of work orders through the shop floor.
- It is concerned with starting the processes.
- It gives necessary authority to start a particular work, which has already been planned under ‘Routing’ and Scheduling.
- For starting the work, essential orders and instructions are given.
- Therefore, the complete definition of dispatching is “Release of orders and instruction for the starting of production for any item in accordance with the Route Sheets and Schedule Charts.
- Shop floor employees generally have the specific knowledge needed for dispatching.