Answer & Solution
- A non-crystalline material (amorphous solid) is one where the measured X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD) pattern is essentially continuous in appearance.
- Amorphous don’t have a definite form it is non-crystalline in nature.
- Silica glass is called amorphous glasses when they have not had time to crystallize on cooling.
- Silica glass is complex and contains many different substances which have different crystalline states.
- The melting range of a glaze is dictated by the different melting points of the constituents and their interaction with one another in eutectic combinations.
- The glaze becomes a liquid which on cooling becomes an amorphous solid.